You can choose to take the audition at several levels at the Academy:
The entrance examination consists of the following elements:
Principal study (duration: 30 minutes incl. assessment)
A list of repertoire for the entrance examination must be enclosed with the application form. The audition in the principal study consists of these three tests:
1st test: Set/self-chosen tasks, etudes, scales (duration: 15-20 minutes)
- All major and minor scales played with both hands to the full range of the instrument (unisono)
- Transcription chosen by the applicant, e.g. J.Ph. Rameau: "La Livri" or Domenico Scarlatti: Sonata K. 169
- Original piece from the 20th century chosen by the applicant with a degree of difficulty similar to e.g. W. Solotarjow: "Chamber Suite", or Kayser: Arabesque No. 10, or Nordheim: Flashing
- The two chosen pieces must contain slow as well as faster varieties of movements
2nd test: Set task
A proposed task which is e-mailed to the applicant 7 days before the entrance examination takes place.
3rd test: Sight reading
Sight reading of a not too difficult composition.
Three separate marks are awarded according to the 7-point grading scale. One for each of the above-mentioned tests. The test will be passed succesfully, only if the applicant has achieved a minimum mark of 02 in all of the three tests. If the applicant passes the principal study audition, he or she then takes further examinations in supporting subjects. These examinations are identical for all Bachelor programmes.
The entrance examination consists of an audition in the principal study.
The examination requirements apply equally to applicants who already attend the Academy and wish to take a test for the Master's programme without pedagogy.
The applicant must perform:
- One or more original works composed after 1960 with a level of difficulty corresponding to that of for example L. Berio ’Sequenza XIII’, Bent Lorentzen “Tears” or Sofia Guidulina “De Profundis”
- One transcription composed before 1900.
If a choice is made of several smaller pieces the applicant should choose pieces that contrast each other
Duration of the entrance examination max. 20 minutes (30 minutes including assessment).
The entrance examination is censured by two internal censors and a grade is awarded according to the 7-point grading scale.
When you apply, you must pay a fee of DKK 500 into the following account:
Bank identification no.: 3001, account no.: 640 3727. Remember to always state your name – otherwise we can't see who has paid in the money.
For international transfers:
SWIFT code/BIC: DABADKKK. IBAN no.: DK92 3000 0006 4037 27. Remember to include your name.
Form, content and assessment of the examination
The entrance examination consists of a principal study audition, which is taken in two rounds.
In the first round, you will be asked to perform a programme of 20 minutes' duration. An admissions committee will award the performance the grade of "pass/fail".
If you pass the first round, you will continue to the second round, which will be held as quickly as possible after the first round. The two rounds may be held on different days.
In the second round, you will be asked to perform a programme of 30 minutes' duration.
The performance will be assessed according to the 7-point grading scale by the admissions committee.
Repertoire for the examination
The applicant chooses the repertoire, always subject, however, to the following rules:
- Playing the same work at both rounds is not allowed
- The programme may include transcribed literature, original music (at least one Scandinavian work), and chamber music
Examples of type and difficulty of repertoire:
- Arne Nordheim: Flashing
- Magnus Lindberg: Jeux d'Anches
- Antonio Bibalo: Sonata quasi una fantasia
- Sofia Gubaidulina: De Profundis
- Vagn Holmboe: Sonate nr. 1
- Steen Pade: Excursion with Detours