You can choose to take the audition at several levels of the Academy:
The entrance examination consists of the following elements:
Principal study (duration: 30 minutes incl. assessment)
A list of repertoire for the entrance examination must be enclosed with the application form. The audition in the principal study consists of these three tests:
1st test: Set/self-chosen tasks, etudes, scales (duration: 15-20 minutes)
- All scales in two octaves
- Piece chosen by the applicant from the Renaissance or Baroque period with a degree of difficulty similar to e.g. J. S. Bach: Prelude in D minor, BWV 999 or L. Milan: 6 Pavanes.
- Piece chosen by the applicant from the Classical or Romantic period with a degree of difficulty similar to e.g. F. Sor: Minuets, F. Tárrega: Estudio en forma de minueto, or M. Giuliani: Rondo, C major from Sonatina, op. 71, No. 1.
- Piece chosen by the applicant from the 20th century with a degree of difficulty similar to e.g. H. Villa-Lobos: Préludes, or Vagn Holmboe: 5 Intermezzi.
- The chosen pieces must contain slow as well as faster varieties of movements.
2nd test: Set task
A proposed task which is emailed to the applicant 7 days before the entrance examination takes place.
3rd test: Sight reading
Sight reading of a not too difficult composition notated in G clef e.g. F.Sor: Etudes, op. 60, no.12
3 separate marks are awarded according to the 7 point grading scale. 1 in each of the above-mentioned test. The test will be passed succesfully, only if the applicant has achieved a minimum mark of 02 in the principal subject examination. If the applicant passes the principal study audition, he or she then takes further examinations in supporting subjects. These examinations are identical for all Bachelor programmes.
The entrance examination consists of an audition in the principal study.
The applicant must perform:
- 3 or more works from different periods of style of a total duration of 20 minutes. The programme should contain one etude by Heitor Villa-Lobos and a newer composition.
Duration of the entrance examination max. 20 minutes (30 minutes including assessment).
The entrance examination is censured by two internal censors and a grade is awarded according to the 7 point grading scale.
When you apply, you must pay a fee of DKK 500 into the following account:
Bank identification no.: 3001, account no.: 640 3727. Remember to always state your name – otherwise we can't see who has paid in the money.
For international transfers:
SWIFT code/BIC: DABADKKK. IBAN no.: DK92 3000 0006 4037 27. Remember to include your name.
Form, content and assessment of the examination
The entrance examination consists of a principal study audition, which is taken in two rounds.
In the first round, you will be asked to perform a programme of 20 minutes' duration. An admissions committee will award the performance the grade of "pass/fail".
If you pass the first round, you will continue to the second round, which will be held as quickly as possible after the first round. The two rounds may be held on different days.
In the second round, you will be asked to perform a programme of 30 minutes' duration. The performance will be assessed according to the seven-point scale by the adminissions commitee.
Repertoire for the examination
The applicant chooses the repertoire, always subject, however, to the following rules:
- At least one work at one of the two rounds must be written after 1945
- Playing the same work at both rounds is not allowed.
- The works performed in the two rounds must together cover at least 4 stylistic periods.
Examples of type and difficulty of repertoire:
- J.S. Bach: A suite for lute
- M. Giuliani: Concerto No. 1, op. 30